Monday, February 20, 2012

The One That Reminds You to Keep Going

I ran across this little video this morning. It is just typography clips that go with a small excerpt of a speech by Ira Glass, who is an amazing NPR personality. I guess it really spoke to me because I have been trying to figure out where to go with my music right now, and last week I kind of decided to go nowhere. I have been in a holding pattern. What I have been making isn’t current enough for my music partner, lucrative enough for my time, or as good as I know I can do... and so I realized it was time to stop trying, because I am too frustrated with me vs. everything. This little message by Ira Glass makes me rethink that somewhat. It kind of came out of nowhere. Does this speak to anyone but me?

Ira Glass on Storytelling from David Shiyang Liu on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Good thoughts. Keep going....! I think you're awesome.